Thanksgiving is almost here, which means it’s time to bring on the stuffing, buttery mashed potatoes, turkey and pumpkin pie! That’s why this month’s newsletter is dedicated to all things Thanksgiving – from traditional recipes with a fun twist, to local events that you can attend with family and friends, to Thanksgiving-worthy table settings and decor, we’ve got you covered.
Are you staying in town this year to celebrate Thanksgiving with friends and family? Explore local events, happenings and volunteer opportunities that are taking place in and around the Sacramento area this holiday season!
Events and Happenings:
- 2019 Downtown Sacramento Ice Rink (Now through January 20)
- B Street Theater: An Open Fire (Now through December 29)
- Fortunate Feast: A Holiday Gathering (November 26)
- 2019 Old Sacramento Tree Lighting Ceremony (November 27)
- 2019 Theater of Lights (Now through December 24 – select days)
- THANKZOO: A Special Thank You (November 28)
- 2019 Crocker Holiday Artisan Market (November 29)
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra (November 29)
- Fairytale Town Canned Food Drive (November 29)
- Donate to Loaves and Fishes Holiday Headquarters
- Donate to Animals at the The Sacramento SPCA or Front Street Animal Shelter
- Donate to Toys for Tots (contact me today to coordinate dropping off a new, unwrapped toy to one of our office locations)
- Donate or Volunteer at a Canned Food Drive
- Run to Feed the Hungry (November 28)
- Elk Grove Gobble Wobble (November 28)
- Roseville Turkey Trot (November 28)
- Folsom Turkey Trot (November 28)
Thanksgiving is synonymous with family, gratitude and of course, delicious food! From tasty appetizers and main meal items to drinks and desserts, these Thanksgiving recipes will be sure to impress everyone at the dinner table this year.
Tasty Appetizers: While the mains tend to steal the show on Thanksgiving, these tasty apps will keep your hangry guests happy until dinner is served!
- Cranberry Brie Bites
- Turkey Veggie Tray
- Thanksgiving Deviled Eggs
- Turkey Cheese Ball
- Hot Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- Crockpot Cranberry BBQ Meatballs
- Bacon-Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Rosemary Cashews
- Savory Pumpkin Hummus
- Turkey Fruit Tray
Delicious Mains: Ready to gobble til you wobble? These beloved mains will have your guests running back for seconds!
Let’s Talk Turkey:
Mashed Potato Mash-Up:
- Buttery-Herbed Mashed Potatoes
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Cheesy Mashed Potato Casserole
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Sweet Potatoes & Marshmallows
Please Pass the Sides:
- Green Bean Casserole
- Apple Bacon Cranberry Salad
- Classic Thanksgiving Stuffing
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- Mom’s Famous Turkey Gravy
- Parmesan Roasted Carrots
- Easy Buttermilk Cornbread
- Homemade Dinner Rolls
- Garlic Mushrooms
- Best Homemade Mac & Cheese
Festive Drinks: From festive cocktails and punches to delicious mocktails, we have a drink for everyone to enjoy!
- Cranberry Champagne Cocktail
- Thanksgiving Sangria
- Smoky Harvest Apple Cider Margarita
- Apple-Brandy Hot Toddies
- Thanksgiving Punch (Non-Alcoholic)
- Apple Cider Mimosas
- Pumpkin Spice Mules
- Thanksgiving Jungle Juice
- Cranberry Jello Shots
- Cranberry Lime Mocktail (Non-Alcoholic)
Delectable Desserts: Pass the pie! Here’s a look at some of our favorite Thanksgiving pies.
- Thanksgiving Tri-Pie
- Grandma’s Apple Pie
- Perfect Pumpkin Pie
- Best-Ever Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pecan Pie
- Sweet Potatoe Pie
- Cheesecake Apple Pie
- Skillet Caramel Apple Pie
- Brown Butter Maple Chess Pie
- Gingersnap Pumpkin Pie
Whether you’re hosting for the first time or the 10th time, let your table setting set the tone for this year’s Thanksgiving feast! Click on the below links for some eye-catching ideas and designs.
Create a Modern & Rustic Table Setting: Gorgeous copper silverware, earthy linens, and fresh bouquets come together to create a modern and rustic table setting. Learn how to re-create this look here.
Add a Beautiful Thanksgiving Tablescape: Add instant color to your table with this stunning pumpkin-floral centerpiece. Learn how to make it here.
Personalize Your Table with Place Cards: Lead your guests to their spot at the table with these adorable homemade place cards. Create them here.
Don’t Forget the Kids’ Table: Let the kids join in on the fun with a Turkey-tastic kids’ table! Learn what materials are needed here!
Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions of your own? Let me know in the comments section below!