It’s the most wonderful time of the year where sparkling lights, homemade sugar cookies, quality family time, and holiday cheer reign all month long! That’s why this month’s newsletter covers everything from the best Christmas light displays, to festive decorating tips, to local events and holiday happenings!
Will you be home for the holidays? Explore local events and happenings taking place in and around the Sacramento area this month by clicking on the below links!
- 2019 Downtown Sacramento Ice Rink (Now through January 20)
- Sacramento Kings Game Schedule
- 2019 Theatre of Lights (Now through December 24 – select days)
- 12 Days of DOCO Jingle Jams (Now through December 24 – select days)
- Sacramento River Train: Magical Christmas Train (Now through December 23 – select days)
- Nutcracker Magic @ Historic Sacramento Theater (Now through December 22 – select days)
- Capital Stage: The Whickhams: Christmas at Pemberley (Now through December 29)
- B Street Theater: An Open Fire (Now through December 29)
- Santa River Cruises Aboard the Hornblower (Select weekends in December)
- Winter Wonderland @ Fairytale Town (Select weekends in December)
- Cookies with Santa in Old Fair Oaks (December 13)
- Breakfast with Santa in Old Fair Oaks (December 14)
- Holiday Magic @ The Sacramento Zoo (December 14)
- Crafts & Drafts @ Drakes: The Barn (December 14)
- Grinch Day @ Sacramento Ice Rink (December 14)
- Sacramento SPCA Jingle Bell Pup Crawl (December 14)
- Carriage Rides @ El Dorado Hills Town Center (Select weekends in December)
- Sacramento Santa Run (December 21)
- Santa Hustle 5K, Half Marathon & Kids Dash in Roseville (December 22)
- Pajama Party Christmas Eve @ Sacramento Zoo (December 24)
- New Year’s Eve Sky Spectacular in Old Sacramento (December 31)
Wondering where you can catch a dazzling light display this year? Click on the below links for my top four picks before planning your outing!
- Bayside Christmas Lights Drive-Thru in Roseville (Now through December 31): Join Bayside for its 4th Annual Christmas Lights Drive-Thru that is sure to delight the entire community. Round up your crew, jump in the car, listen to your favorite Christmas music, and enjoy a mile of spectacular lights! Free tickets are required to manage traffic flow. Click here to learn more.
- East Sacramento’s Fab 40s Christmas Lights (Neighborhood Event): Grab your hot chocolate and bundle up while you admire this classic, established East Sacramento neighborhood for its beautiful homes and brilliant light displays. This neighborhood is transformed into a winter wonderland during the holiday season with lights and garland draped around the tree-lined streets.
- Dovewood Court Christmas Lights in Orangevale (Neighborhood Event): The residents of Dovewood Court bring this cozy cul-de-sac to life during the holiday season with iconic Christmas figures, holiday music, interactive light displays and much more! This light display tends to draw in large crowds so I suggest parking your car nearby and strolling the cul-de-sac for the best experience.
- Pebble Creek Christmas Lights in Rocklin (Neighborhood Event): This neighborhood has been attracting spectators for years with its popular Disney theme and elaborate light displays! Stroll through the neighborhood by foot or bundle up in the car and roll down the windows for an impressive display of lights!
It’s time to deck the halls (and nearly every room in your house) with these fun and festive holiday decorating tips!
Incorporate Mini Trees into Your Home: Is your home in need of some Christmas cheer? Place mini trees on your empty side tables to spruce them up and to add a pop of color to your home. Trader Joe’s is selling mini “Cyprus Grump Trees” inspired the Grinch himself to cheer up any grouch this holiday season!
Decorate with Garland: Make every inch of your home merry and bright by adding a string of Garland to your mantle, staircase, window or even your oversized headboard! If you don’t already have garland packed away in storage with your other holiday decorations, Home Depot has lots of options to browse.
Bring on the Plaid: Do you have guests coming over for the holidays? Transform your guest bedroom/s into a cozy winter retreat by adding some plaid bedding and you guessed it…some more garland to hang above the headboard!
Add a Touch of Blue: A winter color palette of icy blues and snowy whites proves to be the perfect pairing when it comes to Christmas decor this year. You can incorporate these tones into your Christmas tree, mantel and more!
Wishing you and your loved ones joy, good health, and holiday cheer this Christmas season!
Leave a Reply